UK Tier 1 Investment Visa
The UK Tier 1 Investment Visa is one of the most quick and secure ways to gain residency in the UK; Get approval within 10 weeks! Approval for the Visa requires an investment greater than £2,000,000 in either British corporate bonds, capital stock or loan capital in an actively traded company registered in the UK
The UK Tier 1 Investment Visa is one of the most quick and secure ways to gain residency in the UK; get approval within 10 weeks! Approval for the Visa requires an investment greater than £2,000,000 in either British corporate bonds, capital stock or loan capital in an actively traded company registered in the UK.
Tier 1 Investment Visa
The UK Tier 1 Investment Visa is one of the most quick and secure ways to gain residency in the UK; Get approval within 10 weeks! Approval for the Visa requires an investment greater than £2,000,000 in either British corporate bonds, capital stock or loan capital in an actively traded company registered in the UK.
This is an excellent option for investors that are holding capital and are interested in securing a UK citizenship through investing.
The Tier 1 Investment Visa allows you:
- To work, run a business, or study in the UK
- Apply for ILR after 2 years with a £10 million investment
- Apply for ILR after 3 years with a £5 million investment
- Apply for ILR with the required £2 million investment
- Invest in companies directly that are involved primarily in the management, investment or development of property
- Invest in companies offshore
- Acquire public funds
The UK business visa enables you to reside in the country for up to 3 years and 4 months. You can apply to extend the visa for an additional 2 years, once this time has passed. After residence in the UK for 5 years, you can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) and 1 year later, you can obtain citizenship.
The qualifications for citizenship by investment in the UK are described in more detail below.
Qualifications & Conditions
In addition to the amount of investment required, there are several other qualifications and conditions that must be met in order to apply to the UK Tier 1 Visa Program and get your residency and UK citizenship by investment.
Investors must be:
- 18 or over
- From outside of the European Economic Area and Switzerland
- Willing to invest in either UK corporate bonds, capital stock or loan capital in an actively traded company registered in the UK in an amount greater than £2,000,000.
- Able to verify that the capital used for investment belong personally to you or your spouse/partner.
- Registered at a bank account in the UK
- Economically independent
The funds for investment must be held in an approved financial institution (within or outside the UK) and able to be spent freely in the UK.
Family members (a spouse, partner, dependent children under the age of 18) can apply with you.
Financially sponsored students are also given the opportunity to apply if they already reside in the UK and fall into one of the following categories:
- Have a Student Visa (Tier 4 visa)
- Retaking an exam, studying abroad, or writing a thesis paper
- Student nurse
- Postgraduate doctor or dentist
- Nurse or midwife with overseas qualification
- Sabbatical officer
In any of the scenarios above, you must provide an absolute agreement in writing from your sponsor to travel in and out of the UK if the fees for your courses and cost of living were paid for by either a government entity or an international agency granting scholarships.
How do you apply for Tier 1 UK investor visa?
The Tier 1 Investor Visa program’s application process is thorough, yet logical. The Tier 1 Investor category’s processing time is quick and is straightforward. Here are some of the necessary things:
Key application information:
- The application fee amounted to £1,561.
- A healthcare surcharge.
- Fingerprints and your photo taken at a visa application center to acquire a biometric residence permit. You must acquire this permit within 10 days upon arrival in the UK.
- Forms can be submitted up to 3 months before traveling to the UK through mail or online.
- The time for processing the application is approximately 3 weeks.
- Entrepreneur visas in the UK are issued normally 8 weeks following approval, or sooner if using the expedited service.
- A blank page available (on both sides) in your passport for the visa.
- The documents that are required must be written in English or Welsh.
What documents do I need to apply for to obtain citizenship and residency in the UK?
- A passport or other identification valid for travel
- Birth, marriage, and certificates of adoption (if applicable)
- Most recent passport-sized photos
- Tuberculosis test results (if applicable)
- A criminal background check from a country you have resided in for more than a year within the last 10 years
- Evidence of having the funds required for investment and their source. (More details on this below)
Any documents that aren’t in English or Welsh, must be translated and certified. Additional documents may be required conditional upon your circumstances.
Proof of funds for investment:
If your own money is being used to invest, you must show:
- The amount of money you hold and where it is held
- Where the money is from if you have not had the money for at least 3 months
- That the money is able to be transferred to the UK and converted to sterling (if it is not already in the UK)
If you are using a partner’s money you must provide:
- A marriage certificate or civil partnership or proof that you have been in a long-term relationship for at least 2 years if you are unmarried or are a part of a same-sex relationship.
- A statement confirming that you have permission from your partner to control the funds in the UK
- A letter from a lawyer stating that your partner’s grant is authentic
What are the requirements for obtaining citizenship in the UK?
Investors that have lived for 5 years or more in the UK can apply for citizenship in the UK through naturalization if they fulfill the following requirements:
- Be 18 years or older
- Spend less than 90 days outside of the UK, 12 months prior to applying
- Spend less than 450 days outside of the UK, 5 years prior to applying
- Be of good moral character, not affiliated in any criminal activities, and not breaching any immigration laws.
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of British life and culture, and have basic proficiency in English, Welsh or Scottish Gaelic languages. Applicants not already proficient in Welsh or Gaelic can satisfy English tests.
A second passport is an asset that most people can only dream of. It can bring freedom, stability and immeasurable opportunities for those who have them.
What are the benefits of a British citizenship?
Obtaining a citizenship in the UK by Investment provides investors an opportunity to run a business and settle down in one of the largest cosmopolitan cities in the world. Obtaining residency and citizenship in the UK may offer many advantages, including great benefits for businesses operating here. Some key benefits include the following:
- London is a financial hub in the global market.
- Banking system is stable and established.
- High net worth investors that are non-domicile UK residents given a preferential tax regime
- The British pound is extremely stable compared to other currencies in the world, including the US dollar; making it one of the world’s best currencies.
- London has the highest GDP out of all the cities in Europe.
- The UK has the 5th largest economy in the world.
- There is no requirement regarding the number full-time jobs that need to be created.
- Excellent free health care with superb facilities – some of the best in the world.
- Excellent educational standards, and a large network of both state and private schools, including top universities such as Oxford. Plus, public school education is free for all children.
- Visa-free and visa-on-arrival access in 183 countries and territories
- Stable democratic government
- Culturally and ethnically diverse society with a variety of different communities.
- London is one of the world’s most famous metropolitan areas and is where the british royal family reside.
- London has a superb public transportation system, with many places to visit such as: museums, art galleries, theatres, dining, shopping, etc.
- The UK has many historical landmarks.
- In addition to the large cities, the UK has areas in the gorgeous countryside and quaint villages.
- Safe neighborhoods
- Dual citizenship is not restricted
- London is among one of the top 10 cities in the world to run a business and is the headquarters for many large corporations.
- The UK scores the highest in terms of ease of doing business in the world according to the World Bank.
- Private enterprises are actively encouraged.
- Very large skilled workforce.
- Competitive cost of labor.
We can help you obtain European Citizenship.
Contact us to discover your options.
||021 813 9778|
|Mobile||083 432 2112|
|Hong Kong||+852 8191 0881|
|Romania||+40 373 78 06 88|
|China||+86 (0) 21 3606 8295|
|United Kingdom||+44 (0) 20 8638 8814|
|USA||+1 (646) 960 9099|
Get in Contact
145-157, St. John Street
London, EC1V 4PW