Portugal Golden Visa!
The Portugal Golden Visa program has shown to be one of the most popular options for investors in Europe due to its flexibility and benefits.
Obtain Residency & Citizenship through Investment
Portugal, being one of Europe’s oldest countries, possesses a rich history and architectural heritage. Culture radiates throughout its villages and abundant vineyards while being positioned blissfully on the graceful shores of the Atlantic Ocean.
WHY CHOOSE PORTUGAL?
One of the safest countries in the world:
- After Iceland and New Zealand, Portugal ranks third on the Global Peace Index, keeping its spot from the report released in 2018.
Low unemployment rate:
- After a long financial crisis which ended in 2014, Portugal’s economy is improving quickly. The highest ever unemployment rate of 17.5% dropped in 2019 to as low as 6.1%.
Fast growing real estate prices:
- Housing prices in Portugal have increased in the last decade. In nine years, they have increased by 16.6%, above the average of 3.3% in the Euro Zone and above the world average of 15.4%. Portugal ranks seventh in the list of euro countries where these figures have increased most since 2010, according to data from the International Bank for Payments (BIP) – according to the latest report of Portugal’s biggest real estate platform, Idealista.
Low living costs in Europe:
- Portugal is still one of Europe’s cheapest countries, with average prices and living costs in Lisbon being significantly less than that in most other European capitals.
Portuguese Individual Income Tax (“PIT”):
- The Portuguese Investment Tax Code (“Código Fiscal do Investimento”) was approved by Decree-Law no. 249/2009, of September 23 establishing a favourable Personal Income Tax regime for non-habitual resident individuals who qualify as resident for tax purposes in Portugal, and seeks to attract qualified high net worth individuals and expatriates.
Portugal’s secure and fast-developing market can provide investors with many opportunities, including the following:
- Residence visa waiver for entrance into Portugal.
- Freedom to live and work in Portugal.
- Visa-free travel throughout the Schengen states.
- Ability to gain permanent residency or citizenship in Portugal after five years as a temporary resident.
- Right to include family members, such as a spouse, dependent children and/or dependent parents.
Portugal’s Golden Resident Permit Program is offered in accordance to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs through the Department of Consular Affairs and the Portuguese Trade and Investment Agency (AICEP).
This program is aimed at attracting foreign direct investments into the country, and provides non-EU investors a residency permit in Portugal if they meet the following requirements and fulfill one of the investment options below:
- Prove that the funds for investment come from abroad.
- Clean criminal record.
- Property of main applicant is not restricted within the boundaries of the EU.
- Application and processing fees paid where applicable.
- Must be entering Portugal for the first time on a valid Schengen visa.
- Meet/exceed minimum stay prerequisite. (1st year – seven days, 14 days for subsequent two-year periods.)
1. Capital transfer of a minimum of EUR 1 million into a Portuguese bank account or specifically approved investment options
2. EUR 350,000 for research activities of public or private entities that are part of the national scientific and technological system*
3. EUR 250,000 in support of artistic production or in the recovery or maintenance of national cultural heritage*
4. EUR 350,000 for the acquisition of units of investment funds or venture capital funds committed to the capitalization of companies incorporated under the Portuguese law, with a maturity of at least five years and with at least 60% of the investment portfolio in companies that have a head office in the national territory
1. A real estate purchase with a minimum value of EUR 500,000*
2. A real estate purchase with a minimum value of EUR 350,000 for the refurbishment of properties older than 30 years or in an area of urban regeneration, including the cost of renovations in conjunction with Soulfato Group
1. Creation of a minimum of 10 new jobs*
2. EUR 350,000 for the incorporation or increase of the share capital of a company that is registered in Portugal, creating or maintaining a minimum of five permanent jobs for a period of three years
*The threshold will be reduced by 20% should the funds be committed to a low population density area, defined as less than 100 inhabitants per km² or with a GDP per capita below 75% of the national average.
We pick prestigious projects to meet our clients’ expectations. By investing fractions into projects that have already been qualified, applicants can become co-owners of an entire project and qualify for Portugal’s Golden Visa program. Our selected projects share the following key benefits:
- Guaranteed annual rental return, starting from the first year of operation;
- Easy and flexible exit strategy;
- 100% funds return guarantee after obtaining permanent residency or citizenship;
- 7 days accommodation per year.
Sé Catedral Hotel
Caldas de Canavezes Luxury Hotel and Spa
Caldas de Canavezes Luxury Hotel and Spa
Not sure where to begin?
Get a free 30-minute consultation on European citizenship or our passport program
Ava, Immigration consultant
||021 813 9778|
|Mobile||083 432 2112|
|Hong Kong||+852 8191 0881|
|Romania||+40 373 78 06 88|
|China||+86 (0) 21 3606 8295|
|United Kingdom||+44 (0) 20 8638 8814|
|USA||+1 (646) 960 9099|
Get in Contact
145-157, St. John Street
London, EC1V 4PW